Baltimore Comic-Con is back and takes place this weekend. The show has expanded from two days to three days and takes place September 5 – 7 at Baltimore Convention Center.
There is a ton of stuff going on at BCC. Here are just a few highlights:
- Peter Mayhew serves as Baltimore Comic-Con’s Media Guest of Honor. Mayhew, known by fans the world over for his portrayal of Chewbacca, the Wookie co-pilot of the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi. Peter is currently filming Star Wars Episode VII, due to be released in 2015, and will appear at BCC all three days. More on Mayhew’s appearance….
- BCC boasts an immense line-up on artists and creators such as George Perez, Bob McLeod, Amy Reeder and Tommy Castillo . Click here for a quick look at the line-up or see the Baltimore Comic Con’s home page for even more.
- Special Baltimore Comic-Con programming will take place throughout the show. Panels on cosplay, teaching with comics, gender and comic books, creating your own characters, and much, much more will be found. Find more on BCC’s programming here…
- A costume contest will held on Sunday beginning at 1 PM. The event is hosted by Joel Hodgson, creator of Mystery Science Theater 3000. Hodgson will also be joined onstage by comedian Matt McGinnis. More on the costume contest….
- The 27th annual Harvey Awards will be presented on Saturday night. More on the Harvey Awards….
- BCC will register potential bone marrow donors and raise funds for hobby personality Seth Kushner via the art auction held Saturday at 5 PM in the main hall.
Baltimore Comic-Con show hours are Friday 1PM – 7 PM; Saturday 10 AM – 7 PM; and Sunday 10 AM – 5 PM. There is much more taking place then what we have listed above. Everyone going should check out the BCC website at: baltimorecomicon.com for info on guests, the latest show news, sponsors, and more.
Non-Sport Update will be on-hand at Baltimore Comic-Con. Be sure to stop back and read our show report and photo gallery early next week.