Move over, mom and dad. Sunday, June 3, is “Kids Day” at Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, with activities designed especially for children all day (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) at the Pennsylvania Convention Center. Face painting, Superhero-themed panel room programming, an appearance by the Camden Riversharks mascot, the famous Wizard World Kids Passport program, Costume Contest and more are all a part of the fun for the younger ones.
Admission for kids 10 and under is free with a paid adult (two free kids per adult).
Some of the highlights of Kids Day include:
- Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con Passport (all day) – upon arrival, kids should go directly to the Kids Day booth (No. 613) to pick up a Passport, which will guide them to kid-friendly booths, activities, celebrities and artists. Kids who earn stamps at each stop will win a prize.
- Walnut Street Theatre – Superhero Improv (11 a.m.) – Working with a “Superhero theme” participants will take on a superhero persona. Kids will use their superhero power to tackle a specific mission given by the teaching artists. Limited to the first 30 to sign up!
- Superhero Arts and Crafts (noon) – This is not an ordinary arts & crafts session, this is specifically made for superheroes! Kids can come join the Justice Twins, Wonder Woman and Supergirl to make their very own superhero mask to wear for the Kids Costume Contest.
- Kids Costume Contest (1 p.m.) – Too cute to resist! It’s like Halloween in June as kids show off their best costumes and win prizes.
- Camden Riversharks (all day) – Meet the fun Camden Riversharks mascot, usually seen greeting kids and other fans at the Atlantic League baseball team’s games in the shadow of the Ben Franklin bridge, but today roaming the Pennsylvania Convention Center Face painting (all day) – Talented Wizard World face painters have kids as their canvas, with butterflies, kitty whiskers, flowers, and more.
- Eastern Pennsylvania Youth Soccer (all day) – Learn a little more about the game and how to get on the field as the EPYS celebrates 40 years of promoting youth soccer in the region.
- Fun Fan Groups – Meet costumed characters from the N.Y. Jedi, Philadelphia Ghostbusters, 501st Legion, and Mandalorian Mercs.
- Kid-friendly celebrities (all day) – Well, we like to think every Wizard World celebrity loves kids, but Peter Mayhew and Melissa Joan Hart will be stamping Passports and saying an extra hello.
- Kid-friendly artists (all day) – Visit super-talented artists Christine Larsen, Sara Richard, Mark Pingitore, and Georgia Ball in Artists Alley for a passport stamp and maybe a commissioned piece!
For more on the event, including hours, celebrities, creators, vendors, VIP and photo opportunities, programming schedules, evening entertainment, autographs, sponsorship and volunteer information and more, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/home-pa.html.