London Cigarette Card Company’s Cigarette & Trade Card Catalogue 2016 is due out in two weeks time. Just as the company did last year, LCCC has combined what used to be multiple books into one edition and the book includes five sections. “We believe this is the most comprehensive catalogue of cigarette and trade cards ever published” writes LCCC Managing Director Ian Laker. This year’s edition covers 16,200 series.
Listed below are the five sections you’ll find inside:
- Section 1 British Tobacco Issuers – Cigarette cards and silks issued in the UK and abroad from the 19th century to the present day. It has reference numbers to cross reference with the British Tobacco Issues Handbook, Ogdens, G Phillips and Wills reference books. This is especially helpful for unnumbered and/or untitled series. Prices are included for special albums issued for individual sets.
- Section 2 Foreign Tobacco Issuers – Issuers from English speaking countries like USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand as well as cards from Malta, South Africa, Far East etc. This section now includes a section of Turmac Silks.
- Section 3 Reprinted Series – Values for cigarette card and some trade card reprints.
- Section 4 Trade Card issues – This section covers a selection of series by non-tobacco firms, such as Brooke Bond Tea, Bassett, A & BC Gum, Topps, as well as the newer companies like Rittenhouse Archives, Golden Era, etc. Cards from the early 1900s by Fry and Cadbury are included right up to the latest series of Film Stars, Star Wars, TV & Films, Cricket, Footballers, etc. This section alone includes over 7,000 prices.
- Section 5 Liebig Card Issues from Series 301 to 1871 – Lists more than 1,500 series issued in Europe between 1891 and 1975, (all except the earliest) by this company.
According to LCCC, the catalogue also contains a brand new section of 148 full color illustrations and the index of brands has been moved to just before the start of the book so it’s easier to refer to.
For more information and to order Cigarette & Trade Card Catalogue 2016, see London Cigarette Card Company’s website: londoncigcard.co.uk.